Paul B. Loyd Junior – FWD/AFT Lifeboat/Davit Replacement
Rig Name: Paul B. Loyd Junior
Rig Type: semi-submersible
Owner name: Transocean Ltd.
Classification Society: DNV
Pertinent code: LSA
Code design: ASD (WSD method)
Please download PDF version to see 3D model – click here
- Project description
- Rig Engineering (RE) was tasked by Transocean Inc. (TOI) to undertake and provide all the necessary engineering and design services to upgrade the lifeboat and davits on the FWD and AFT deck to conclusion which also include acting on behalf of TOI to get Short Form Agreement with DNV. To obtain Design Verification Report, all aspects of works such as on location site survey, preliminary design, structural assessment of the local deck and global assessment leading to fabrication and installation drawings were done and submitted to Det Norske Veritas, Oslo Norway to conclusion. Weight take off and centre of gravity revision, was done as part of the work pack prescribed by TOI
- R.E. Scope of work
R.E. has been tasked by TOI to assist with the change out of new lifeboats in terms of:
• Conduct site survey of the rig to confirm that the as built drawings are still valid and any added structures or changes in structures in way of the forward and aft lifeboat platforms, are captured and used in this campaign.
• Provide fabrication and strengthening drawings deemed necessary to accommodate this lifeboat change out.
• Assist with class submittal and provide all the required technical assessment and verification to Det NorskeVeritas (DNV), the class society for Paul B. Loyd Junior.
- Engagement Condition
Upload your problem to us and give us relevant input to allow us to resolve your problem we will need:
1. As built of structure to created 3D FEA model.
2. Static and environmental loads of rig.
3. Details information about new davit and lifeboat installation.