Jack-Up Unit – Helideck Strength Verification
Rig Name: Jack-Up built in Dunkirk, France
Rig Type: Jack-Up CFEM
Classification Society: DNV
Pertinent code: CAP437
Code design: ASD (WSD method)
Please download PDF version to see 3D model – click here
- Project description
- Rig Engineering (R.E.) was tasked by a leading drilling contractor to carry out strength verification of existing helideck located on jack-up drilling unit. The finding was used to guide
the wall thickness gauging technician to do a thickness evaluation and assess the overall integrity of the helideck ahead of class inspection.
- R.E. Scope of work
R.E. was tasked to perform the following engineering tasks:
Preparation of CAD layout looking at the physical effects of landing and takeoff and various aiming circle requirements etc. (for DNV and CAP 437)
• Conclusion of FEA model and do calibration run for current S61N set-up (for DNV).Re run analysis with new helicopter type using DNV class rule requirements.
• Re run analysis with new helicopter type using CAP 437 requirements.
• Re run on the final / agreed combination that would reflect operational requirements and some dispensation from either CAP 437 or DNV’s requirements.
- Engagement Condition
Upload your problem to us and give us relevant input to allow us to resolve your problem we will need:
1. As built of structure to created 3D FE model.
2. Static and environmental loads of rig.
3. Details information about type of helicopters.